10. IT’S A WRITE OFF! That’s right! Your donation to United Way is TAX DEDUCTIBLE! You’ve got to love that!
9. YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Giving to United Way is the most powerful way to give to your community. Your donation multiplies community impact combining your gift with others. We can collectively accomplish in one year with our gifts to United Way more than any one person could accomplish in lifetime toward achieving a healthier, stronger community.
8. MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK! With a single donation to United Way, you can help numerous people, agencies and programs in your community.
7. The KIDS ARE WATCHING! We are always telling our kids to share. You are a role model. Teaching children about philanthropy creates community awareness, social responsibility and how to be a good neighbor. These are IMPORTANT LIFE SKILLS they can carry into adulthood.
6. IT WON’T BREAK YOUR BANK! You might be wondering “How much should I give?” You would be amazed at how giving up a soda and a candy bar a week over a year can really make a big difference in someone’s life. Dollars add up to create real impact.
5. STAYS IN YOUR OWN BACK YARD! The money you donate to United Way of Putnam County supports LOCAL programs and agencies. Dollars raised in your community, stay in your community to help build a better place for us all to live, work and raise our families. This truly is neighbor helping neighbor.
4. YOU WILL BE TOUCHING THE LIVES OF 1 IN 3 PUTNAM COUNTY PEOPLE! A donation to United Way touches the lives of you, your friends, your neighbors. Last year, over 11,000 Putnam County people were served by one or more of the 17 Partner agencies of United Way of Putnam County. Your gift makes a difference in the quality of life right here at home.
3. IT’S GOOD FOR YOU! There have been recent studies that show that philanthropy has health benefits, including boosting the immune system and releasing endorphins that improve your mood. So don’t give ‘til it hurts…give ‘til it feels good!
2. YOUR MONEY IS SAFE! The United Way of Putnam County has strict state and federal guidelines we must follow. In addition, the programs we fund are accountable for the results they achieve. Community volunteers review and monitor Partner Agencies and programs for effectiveness. Funding decisions are based on the performance and impact these agencies and programs have on community needs. We insure that your money is being spent wisely.
And the #1 reason is…Strength in Numbers! The strength of our community depends on the strength of your local United Way. The strength of United Way depends on YOU. Please support United Way of Putnam County! This is how we LIVE UNITED!